Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Goods
The following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) are applicable to all sales of products (the “Products”) produced or sold by CBD etc LLC, a Kentucky limited liability company (or an entity set forth in the Order controlled or owned by CBD etc LLC, (“Seller”) to you (“Buyer”) placed through whatever means.
Buyer’s Acceptance of Terms. By placing an order with Seller through whatever means, including but not limited to orders placed through distributors, wholesalers and/or third parties (an “Order”), Buyer accepts these T&Cs and these T&Cs prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless of whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or other documents containing any such term Fulfillment of Buyer’s Order by Seller does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions in the Order or elsewhere and does not serve to modify or amend these T&Cs. If there is any inconsistency between these T&Cs and terms and conditions contained in any other document submitted by Buyer or exchanged by Seller (including purchase orders, acknowledgements, requests for proposal, invoices, etc.), these T&Cs shall control even if Buyer’s documents expressly limit acceptance to use of Buyer’s terms and conditions. These T&Cs and any basic Order terms (i.e., list of the Products, quantity, UPC or item number, requested delivery date; price, billing address and delivery location) constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to any particular purchase by Buyer of Products.
Orders. Buyer will provide written Orders to Seller from time to time. An Order is not considered accepted by Seller until the Products are shipped or until Seller sends an acknowledgement
Price; Payment. Prices for the Products are based on the price list that Seller most recently provided to Buyer, which Seller may update at any time. Payment terms are as indicated on the invoice. Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, and Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all expenses and costs incurred or expended by Seller in enforcing any of its rights hereunder and/or collecting any past due sums, whether or not suit is commenced. Buyer may not reduce any payment by any alleged discounts or other deductions without Seller’s prior written consen Buyer is responsible for paying all applicable local, state, federal, use, sales and excise taxes in relation to the purchase of the Products as well as any state bottle deposits direct to the governing bodies who have jurisdiction over such deposits. In the event Seller is required to pay any such taxes or other charges, Buyer shall reimburse Seller therefor on demand.
Delivery; Title. All Products are delivered FOB (per Incoterms 2010) Seller’s warehouses in the United States, unless otherwise agreed. All delivery dates are approximate. Risk of loss and title for Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery to Buyer or its designee at the applicable FOB Seller Warehouse. Where permitted by law, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a security interest in Products sold until full payment is received. Buyer authorizes Seller to file a UCC financing statement to perfect this security interest at any time.
Inspection. Buyer shall carefully inspect all Products and shipping documents promptly upon delivery of Produc No claim for non- conformity, defect, shortage or damage will be valid or enforceable against Seller unless Buyer gives Seller written notice specifying in detail the issue within 24 hours from the date that Buyer receives the Products. Buyer shall supply such reasonable documentation as to any loss as Seller may request. Buyer shall be deemed to conclusively accept all Products not rejected in accordance with the preceding sentences. If any Products are non-conforming, Buyer has provided proper notice, and if the non-conformity was not caused by Buyer or due to misuse or handling after Seller delivered the Product to Buyer, Seller will, at Seller’s option, (i) replace the non- conforming Products at no additional charge to Buyer or (ii) reimburse Buyer for amounts Buyer paid for such non-conforming Products, and such refund or return shall be Seller’s sole obligation and Buyer’s exclusive remedy for any nonconformity of the Products. Buyer shall comply with Seller’s instructions for maintenance, services and use of the Products and shall keep proper records thereof.
Changes. Seller may at any time make any changes in the ingredients, formula, and manufacturing process of the Products as Seller deems appropriate without notice to Buyer. If Seller changes the ingredients, formula, manufacturing process or discontinues the manufacture or sale of any Products, Seller shall have no obligation to make any such changes to ingredients, formula, manufacturing process in any Products previously ordered by or shipped to Buyer or to fill any Order for any discontinued Products submitted to Seller after the date of such discontinuance. Seller may furnish stable substitutes for materials unobtainable because of priorities or regulations established by governmental authority or non-availability of materials from suppliers.
Warranties; Disclaimer of Warranties. Seller represents and warrants that prior to the “best by” date on the Product packaging, the Products (i) will conform to the specifications, and (ii) be merchantable and fit for their intended purpose. THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND COMPRISE SELLER’S SOLE AND ENTIRE WARRANTY OBLIGATION TO BUYER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Limit of Liability. SELLER WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR USAGE, COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, ADDIT1ONAL COSTS INCURRED BY BUYER, OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. SELLER’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO BUYER FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO, THE SALE OF PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND/OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PRICE OF PRODUCTS TO WHICH SUCH CLAIM RELATES.
Recall. If any government agency requires the recall of any Products or packaging or Seller reasonably determines that any Products or packaging should be recalled or should be withdrawn from distribution and sale, then Seller and Buyer shall coordinate the immediate cessation of sale and distribution and the recall or withdrawal, as determined by Seller to be necessary, of all such Products or packaging. If determined by Seller to be necessary or advisable, Buyer and Seller shall cooperate to recall or reacquire the applicable Products or packaging from any purchaser thereof. In no event shall Buyer be entitled to recover lost profits or other consequential damages as a result of any recall of the Products. If the problem at issue was caused by Buyer, then Buyer shall pay the costs and expenses associated with any such recall, and Buyer shall indemnify Seller for its reasonable costs and expenses associated with such recall. Buyer shall immediately notify Seller with full particulars and contact details of any customer and/or consumer complaint, claim or allegation of a defect in the Products which may affect their safety or result in liability (a “Product Complaint”). Seller shall be responsible for dealing with and responding to all Product Complaints and (where applicable) conduct all proceedings relating to or concerned with Product Complaints, but Buyer shall offer such assistance, information and cooperation as Seller may reasonably request. Buyer shall not settle or compromise a Product Complaint.
Reseller Provisions. To the extent Buyer is an approved reseller or distributor of Products without the prior written consent of Seller, Buyer will (a) follow Seller’s Reseller Policy as it may be amended by Seller from time to time, (b) not sell Products to any subdistributors or other resellers, (c) not sell outside the United States, and (d) not sell on any internet sites unless specifically approved in writing by Seller. Buyer’s right as a reseller is non-exclusive so Seller may appoint other resellers at any time. Buyer will comply will all state, local and federal laws at all time
Intellectual Property. All trademarks, trade names, trade dress, endorsements, icons, designs and logos, as well as any other text or images that appear on packaging or collateral materials, and used in connection with the marketing, promotion and/or sale of Products (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Seller. If Buyer operates as a reseller of the Products, Seller grants to Buyer the non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable right to use the Trademarks solely in connection with its promotion, marketing, and sale of the Products pursuant to this Agreement, and only in a manner (a) consistent with the maintenance of the Trademarks and (b) that preserves and protects such Trademarks under applicable state and federal law. Buyer shall promote, market, and sell the Products using only the Trademarks. When using Trademarks, Buyer shall comply with all of Seller’s reasonable requests regarding the appearance of the Trademarks on promotional or marketing materials, including but not limited to with respect to use of the ™ and ® designation
Force Majeure. Except for payment obligations herein, neither party will be liable for performance delays or for non-performance, and any loss or damage that may result from such delays or non-performance, due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, any act of God, embargo or other governmental act, pandemic, epidemic, regulation or request, fire, accident, strike, slowdown, war, act of terrorism, riot, or delay in transportation.
Indemnification. Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Seller and its affiliates, or their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, successors, or assigns from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from (i) Buyer’s breach of these T&Cs; (ii) the negligent or more culpable act or omission of Buyer or its employees or agents; and (iii) any failure by Buyer to comply with any applicable laws.
Governing Law; Venue; Attorneys’ Fees. These T&Cs shall be governed by, and any dispute arising hereunder shall be determined in accordance with, the laws of State of Kentucky, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles. Buyer and Seller irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts sitting in or near Arapahoe Country, In addition to other remedies, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover such amount as the court may adjudge reasonable as attorneys’ fees and expenses in the enforcement action or any appeal.
Insurance. Buyer shall obtain and keep in force at its own cost and expense, comprehensive general liability insurance, including product liability, with a minimum combined single limit in the amount of not less than $2,000,000 in the aggregate for bodily harm or personal injury to, illness of, or death of persons and damage to property occurring as a result of the Products sold under these T& Such insurance shall name Seller as an additional insured.
Standards of Care. Buyer will follow all reasonable handling guidelines for products that are stored in glass and plastic containers including, but not limited to, (i) handling all Products with care and (ii) ensuring the Products stay upright and in cool and dry conditions away from direct sunlight
Miscellaneous. Neither party will be liable for performance delays or for non-performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control, except for payment obligation There is no relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency between the parties and Buyer will not have the power to bind Seller or incur obligations on Seller’s behalf without Seller’s prior written consent. If any provision of these T&Cs shall be held or deemed to be or shall, in fact, be illegal, inoperative or unenforceable, this provision shall not affect any other provision or provisions contained in these T&Cs. None of the provisions of these T&Cs shall be (a) deemed to have been waived unless such waiver shall be set forth in writing signed by Seller, or (b) subject to modification or waiver by course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
Gift Certificates CBDistillery® gift certificates are only eligible towards purchases made on CBDistillery.com and cannot be used at retail locations or other affiliated/non-affiliated websites. CBDistillery® Loyalty Points/ Discount Codes cannot be used to purchase a gift certificate. Gift certificates can be stacked on top of loyalty points CBDistillery® Loyalty Points/ Discount Codes
Agreement (“Reseller”), effective as of the Effective Date set forth on the signature page to this Agreement.
For wholesale, the reseller agreement is as follows:
1. CERTAIN DEFINITIONS. For purposes of this Agreement: (a) “Accounts” means the accounts listed and/or described on Exhibit A attached hereto, other than the Excluded Accounts (as defined therein); (b) “Products” means the products of Company described on Exhibit B attached hereto; (b) “MAP” means Company’s minimum advertised pricing policy (effective January 1, 2021), as described on Exhibit C attached hereto; and (d) “Online Policy” means Company’s online sales policy, as described on Exhibit D attached hereto, which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall only apply to the extent Exhibit A (Accounts) grants Reseller the right to sell the Products to one or more Internet marketplaces.
2. RESELLER SERVICES. Reseller shall use its best efforts to directly resell the Products, on a non- exclusive basis, and to properly service all Accounts. All purchase orders for the Products shall be subject to acceptance by Company. Reseller shall provide Company with written reports regarding sales of the Products by Reseller, in such form and frequency as requested by Company from time to time. Reseller shall perform the services hereunder in accordance with all applicable international, federal, state, local and other laws, rules, regulations (collectively, “Laws”).
3. NO TRANSHIPMENT. Reseller shall not directly or indirectly sell, resell or otherwise distribute the Products to any accounts or territories other than the Accounts, whether brick-and-mortar or Internet, whether wholesale or resale, without the prior written permission of Company. Reseller acknowledges that such action could cause irreparable and incalculable harm to Company. In addition to all other remedies available to Company for such breach, Reseller shall pay to Company, as liquidated damages and not as a penalty, the greater of the following amounts: (i) the costs and fees associated with Company’s investigation and enforcement regarding Reseller’s unauthorized sales; or (ii) five times (5X) the price of the Products transshipped in violation of this Section 3. The parties agree that these damages are not punitive, that Company’s damages due the breaches of this Section 3 are difficult to quantify, and that these liquidated damages are a reasonable approximation of Company’s damages in the event of such a breach.
4. RESELLER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND COVENANTS. Reseller represents, warrants and covenants (as applicable) to Company as follows: (i) Reseller has the full right and legal authority to enter into and fully perform this Agreement in accordance with terms herein without violating the rights of any other person or entity; (ii) Reseller shall maintain all required governmental licenses, permits and other authorizations, and shall store, handle and resell the Products, in each case, in compliance with all Laws, the MAP (effective January 1, 2021) and, if applicable, the Online Policy; (iii) Reseller has sufficient personnel and capacity to perform its obligations under this Agreement; and (iv) Reseller shall not sell any Product which is adulterated, damages or otherwise unfit for sale, including any Product which has an expired shelf life.
5. PRICING AND PAYMENT. The price payable by Reseller for the Products shall be as established by Company from time to time in Company’s sole discretion, available directly from CBD etc LLC sales representatives or on the CBD etc LLC vendor portal, and any subsequent pricing changes taking effect following thirty (30) days’ written notice to Reseller. Reseller shall pay for the Products in accordance with Company’s invoicing procedures, as the same may change from time to time. Reseller acknowledges and agrees that, in addition to the price established by Company for the Products, Reseller shall be responsible for all local, state, federal taxes and duties imposed upon its purchase and sale of the Products.
6. INSPECTION. Reseller shall carefully inspect all Products upon delivery of Products. No claim for nonconformity, defect, shortage or damage will be valid or enforceable against Company unless Reseller gives Company written notice specifying in detail the issue within 24 hours from the date that Reseller receives the Products. Reseller shall supply such reasonable documentation as to any loss as Company may request. Reseller shall be deemed to conclusively accept all Products not rejected in accordance with the preceding sentences. If any Products are non-conforming, Reseller has provided proper notice, and if the nonconformity was not caused by Reseller or due to misuse or handling after Company delivered the Product to Reseller, Company will, at Company’s option, (i) replace the non- conforming Products at no additional charge to Reseller or (ii) reimburse Reseller for amounts Reseller paid for such non-conforming Products, and such refund or return shall be Company’s sole obligation and Reseller’s exclusive remedy for any nonconformity of the Products. Reseller shall comply with Company’s instructions for maintenance, services and use of the Products and shall keep proper records thereof.
7. RESALE IN CALIFORNIA. To the extent Reseller resells Products in the State of California, or has reason to know the Products it resells will eventually be sold to end users in California, whether through
physical retail or e-commerce, Reseller shall be solely responsible for ensuring the labeling and warnings applied to or associated with the applicable Products comply in all respects with the Laws of California, including but not limited to California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, otherwise known as Proposition 65 (“Prop 65”) Upon Reseller’s written request, Company may, in its sole discretion, assist Reseller with such compliance at Reseller’s sole cost provided that any such assistance by Company shall not relieve Reseller of it’s obligations under this Agreement with respect to such Prop 65 compliance.
8. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT. (a) Either party may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, upon thirty (30) days’ written notice to the other party; and (b) Upon any termination of this Agreement, neither party shall have any further financial or other obligations to the other party hereunder, except that Reseller shall remain obligated to pay Company all sums due to Company as of the effective date of termination. Within ten (10) days of termination of this Agreement for any reason, Reseller agrees to provide Company with a list of its inventory of the Products. Company, at its option, will have the right to repurchase from Reseller any or all saleable Products in Reseller’s inventory by sending written notice of the exercise of such option within thirty (30) days from the effective date of expiration or termination or the date Company receives the foregoing list, whichever last occurs. The purchase price of such Products will be at the net invoice prices at which the Products were originally purchased by Reseller, less any discounts or allowances that Company may have given Reseller on account of such Products. If such option to repurchase is exercised by Company, Reseller agrees, at Reseller’s expense, to deliver to Company Reseller’s inventory of the Products in their original packages within thirty (30) days of receipt of Company’s notice of exercise.
9. INDEMNIFICATION; RECALL; INSURANCE. Reseller shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company, its owners, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees and their successors and assigns, from and against any and all damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) resulting from any claims arising out of or in connection with (x) breach by Reseller of any covenant, obligation, representation or warranty contained herein, (y) violation of Law by Reseller or a Product’s non-compliance with the labeling and warning requirements under Prop 65, or (z) the negligence, recklessness or willful misconduct of Reseller or its employees or agents. If any governmental agency determines for any reason that any Products and should be recalled, or if Company determines for any reason to withdraw any Products from the market, Company shall repurchase such Products from Reseller at the price paid by Reseller, plus shipping costs; provided, however, that in the event such recall or withdrawal is due to (i) the acts or omissions of Reseller, Company shall have no financial or obligation to Reseller, and Reseller shall indemnify Company for any and all losses, costs and expenses Company incurs in connection with such recall or withdrawal, or (ii) the acts or omissions of Company, Reseller shall have no financial or obligation to Company, and Company shall indemnify Reseller for any and all losses, costs and expenses Reseller incurs in connection with such recall or withdrawal, or (iii) a change in any Law, or a change in the enforcement of any Law, whether at the federal, state or local level, including, without limitation, as related to the treatment of CBD, then, Company and Reseller shall share the costs of such recall or withdrawal on a 50/50 basis. Reseller shall obtain and maintain, at its own expense, commercial general liability insurance and product liability insurance in commercially reasonable amounts, and Reseller shall name Company as an “additional insured” on all such policies.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS. Reseller acknowledges and agrees that Company is the sole and exclusive owner of all formulas, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks and other confidential and proprietary information and materials utilized in connection with the sale of the Products (the “Company IP”). Reseller currently has no right, title or interest in or to the Company IP, and during the term of this Agreement, Reseller shall not acquire any right, title or interest of any kind or nature whatsoever in or to the Company IP, or the goodwill associated therewith. Any use of the Company IP by Reseller shall be to promote the Products in the best possible manner as determined by Company in its sole discretion, and may be terminated by Company at any time in the Company’s sole discretion. During the term of this Agreement, Company may make available to Reseller such promotional funds and advertising, display, and promotional materials for the Products as Company deems appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion. Reseller agrees that any promotional funds received by Reseller under any Company promotional funds program shall be used by Reseller solely for the promotion of the Products and for no other purpose. Reseller agrees to maintain and make available to Company reasonably detailed documentation and records of Reseller’s use of any such promotional funds as required by Company’s terms and conditions governing any such programs.
11. CONFIDENTIALITY. In furtherance of the negotiation and performance of this Agreement, Company may disclose certain confidential information to Reseller, which confidential information may include, but not be limited to, information pertaining to Company’s financial affairs, business systems, marketing strategies, trade secrets, products, designs, flavors, equipment, manufacturing processes, technologies and other technical and commercial information (“Confidential Information”). Reseller shall not use, disclose, or otherwise exploit any Confidential Information for any purpose not specifically authorized in this Agreement. Confidential Information shall only be disclosed to those employees of Reseller that need to know such information to effectively perform their obligation to resell the Products in accordance with this Agreement.
12. AMENDMENT AND ASSIGNMENT. This Agreement may be amended only by the written agreement of the parties, provided, however, that Company may unilaterally add or remove Accounts from time to time upon written notice to Reseller. This Agreement may not be assigned by Reseller without the prior written consent of Company. Company shall have the unconditional right to assign this Agreement to an affiliate, subsidiary or successor in interest.
13. NO PARTNERSHIP. This Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture or franchisor/franchisee relationship between the parties, and Reseller hereby waives and disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all laws, rules and regulations which create, establish, imply or otherwise protect any franchisor/franchisee relationship.
14. NOTICES. All notices required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and may be delivered via email, delivered personally, or sent by US certified mail (postage pre-paid, return receipt requested) or national overnight courier service (with delivery tracking) to a party’s address as set forth on the signature page to this Agreement; provided that, for any notice sent to Company a copy of the same shall also be sent to The Giannuzzi Group, LLP, 411 West 14th Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10014, Attn: Nicholas Giannuzzi, Esq., email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. CHOICE OF LAW. This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky, without reference to its choice or conflict of law provisions.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and Reseller with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to the same. This Agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, the provisions set forth in the following Sections shall survive any termination of this Agreement: 3 (as applicable), 4, 5 (as applicable), 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and this 16
Exhibit A Accounts The wholesale and retail accounts located in the United States, including United States territories such as Puerto Rico and Guam, (the “Territory”) and serviced by Distributor. For clarification, the “Accounts” shall not include the Excluded Accounts (as hereinafter defined), or any other account (whether located in the Territory or otherwise) which is serviced by anyone other than Distributor, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. AUTHORIZED ONLINE ACCOUNTS: EXCLUDED ACCOUNTS: 1. ALBERTSONS 2. WALMART 3. TARGET 4. CVS 5. WALGREEN’S 6. RITE AID 7. SAM’S CLUB 8. ULTA BEAUTY 9. TJ MAXX 10. HOMEGOODS 11. MARSHALLS 12. HOMESENSE 13. SIERRA 14. WEIS MARKETS 15. WINN-DIXIE 16. WAKEFERN FOOD CORP. 17. GIANT EAGLE, INC 18. GIANT FOOD STORES 19. PRESENCE MARKETING 20. TOPS MARKETS 21. BIG Y 22. AHOLD (GIANT FOODS, GIANT LANDOVER, HANNAFORD) 23. FOODTOWN 24. SPROUTS 25. WEGMAN’S 26. DOLLAR GENERAL
Exhibit B Products Available upon request Exhibit C MAP (attached)
CBD etc LLC Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price Policy Effective January 1, 2021 In order to successfully compete in the marketplace and to maintain its premium brand image, CBD etc LLC (for purposes hereof, “Seller” or “CBD etc LLC”) has established this Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price Policy. As of January 1, 2021, all advertisements for sales from Authorized Resellers to End Users of products set forth in the Seller’s MAP Price Sheet inside the United States shall be subject to this MAP Policy. Seller’s products covered and their coordinating minimum advertised prices are set forth in the MAP Price Sheet, available directly from CBD etc LLC sales representatives or on the CBD etc LLC vendor portal. Seller reserves the right from time to time to alter, modify, suspend, or cancel this MAP Policy, the products covered, and/or the minimum advertised prices. This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media. This MAP Policy does not apply to solely on-premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers. This MAP Policy does not restrict the Authorized Reseller’s right to establish independent resale or advertised prices of Seller’s products. Seller reserves the sole right to determine whether an Authorized Reseller has advertised Seller’s products at a net price less than the minimum advertised price established in this MAP Policy. Upon such determination Seller may, without assuming any liability, withhold co-op funds or advertising discounts, cancel all orders and/or indefinitely refuse to accept new orders from the Authorized Reseller. This MAP Policy has been unilaterally adopted by Seller. Seller neither solicits nor will it accept assurances by an Authorized Reseller of acquiescence with this MAP Policy. Nothing in this MAP Policy shall constitute an agreement between Seller and any Authorized Reseller of compliance with this MAP Policy. The
Authorized Reseller within its own discretion can choose to acquiesce or not acquiesce with this MAP Policy. Seller will not discuss conditions of acceptance related to this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy is non- negotiable and will not be altered, modified, or amended for any Authorized Reseller. Website features such as “click for price,” automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, pre- formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this MAP Policy. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price,” or to use similar language, specifically with respect to CBD etc LLC Products, so long as no price is listed. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which CBD etc LLC determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for “group purchases” and the like. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy. From time to time and in its sole discretion, CBD etc LLC may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, CBD etc LLC reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes. From time to time, CBD etc LLC may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that:
(i) the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (ii) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (iii) “after manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product. Advertising a Product(s) from the MAP Price Sheet with any other product for a total advertised sales price lower than the combined MAP price of what the two (2) products could be purchased independent of each other, shall not constitute acquiescence with Seller’s MAP Policy. The issuance of non-Seller announced rebates (in any form), member discounts, or loyalty points on a Product(s) listed in the MAP Price Sheet shall not constitute acquiescence with Seller’s MAP Policy. Rebate programs from CBD etc LLC are exempt from this MAP Policy. The offer of free shipping or financing on product(s) in the MAP Price Sheet shall constitute acquiescence with Seller’s MAP Policy. The offer of a gift card redeemable for value on a future purchase with the purchase of product(s) in the MAP Price Sheet shall constitute acquiescence with Seller’s MAP Policy. Seller’s sales personnel have no authority to modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy. CBD etc LLC’s MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy has occurred, as well as determining CBD etc LLC’s action in response. All questions regarding interpretation of this MAP Policy should be directed to the Seller Policy Coordinator at: UMAPCoordinator@balancedhealthbotanicals.com. For a current list of MAP prices, please speak to your sales representative.
Exhibit D Online Policy (attached)
CBD etc LLC Online Policy No Transshipment. Reseller shall be allowed to sell or advertise Products only on Internet marketplaces set forth on Exhibit A of this Agreement (Accounts), if
any. Reseller shall be strictly prohibited from selling the Products on any Internet (or other) marketplace other than as set forth on Exhibit A of this Agreement (Accounts), including but not limited to: Amazon.com, jet.com, ebay.com, Sears.com, Craigslist.com, Overstock.com, Walmart.com, Poshmark.com, any similar online marketplaces, or any website related to these websites. Any sales made in violation of this paragraph shall be a violation of Section 3 of this Agreement (No Transshipment). FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE TERMS OF THIS EXHIBIT D SHALL ONLY APPLY TO A RESELLER WHO IS AUTHORIZED TO SELL, RESELL OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTE THE PRODUCTS TO INTERNET MARKETPLACES, AS SET FORTH ON EXHIBIT A OF THIS AGREEMENT (ACCOUNTS), AND NOTHING IN THIS EXHIBIT D SHALL, IN AND OF ITSELF, OPERATE TO GRANT A RESELLER ANY RIGHT TO SELL THE PRODUCTS ON THE INTERNET. Reporting. Reseller agrees to provide CBD etc LLC (for purposes hereof, “Company” or “Seller” or “CBD etc LLC”) with sales reports which detail the sales of the Products through each of Reseller’s approved online sales channels. URLs/Domains. Reseller’s domain(s) and URL(s) must not contain the words CBD etc LLC’s product names, or including any variation or combination of these words or trademarks with each other or with other words.
Examples of Prohibited Domain Names and URLs: • www.joes
• www.joes[productname]shop.net. Exception: Trademarks authorized by CBD etc LLC for online use by Reseller (the “Authorized Marks”) may appear in the text to the right of the “.com/” extension. For example:
• Examples of Prohibited Phrases: Terms such as “Official CBD etc LLC Headquarters”, “[PRODUCT NAME] Home”, “CBD etc LLC Official Store” and “[PRODUCT NAME].com” are always prohibited. Terms such as “CBD etc LLC Headquarters”, “[PRODUCT NAME] STORE”, “[PRODUCT NAME] Depot” or “CBD etc LLC Store” are prohibited except when clearly and conspicuously associated with Reseller (e.g. “[PRODUCT NAME] Store at Joe’s Shop”, or “Joe’s Authorized [PRODUCT NAME] Shop”) and only if approved in advance and in writing by CBD etc LLC.
• Reseller may not use Google AdWords’ Dynamic Keyword Insertion or any similar search tool when bidding on any Authorized Marks or any trademark used or owned by CBD etc LLC. All Authorized Marks in the Reseller’s ad text must appear with the correct spelling and capitalization.
• Reseller must not use superlatives to describe the quantity of CBD etc LLC inventory, the pricing of CBD etc LLC Products, or the CBD etc LLC online shopping experience, on any website, in any advertisement, sponsored link, or any other on-line marketing used, paid for or associated with Reseller.
Examples of Prohibited Phrases: Phrases such as “largest available online offering of [PRODUCT NAME]”, “lowest prices – [PRODUCT NAME]” or “best [PRODUCT NAME] website” are prohibited.
• Reseller must accurately describe CBD etc LLC Products using the Authorized Marks. The Authorized Marks must always be followed by the generic word for the Product, such as “[PRODUCT NAME] ® products”. They must never be used in the possessive or in the plural. The Authorized Marks must always be displayed in a way that distinguishes them from other surrounding words, e.g., by appearing in initial caps or full caps, such as CBD etc LLC or [PRODUCT NAME] and used in conjunction with the ® or TM designation as directed by CBD etc LLC.
• Reseller must use only those Product images, athlete images, marketing banners and video clips provided or authorized in writing by CBD etc LLC within the two (2) most recent calendar years (“Authorized Images”) on any website, advertisement, sponsored link, or any other on-line marketing used, paid for or associated with Reseller.
• Reseller must not partner with any third party that uses adware, spyware or other software to engage in popup or pop-under advertising and/or generating non-user initiated activity (e.g. forced clicks or redirects). Pop-up or pop-under advertising and/or non-user initiated activity that is based on keyword searches, textual triggers, or screen-scraping associated with any CBD etc LLC trademark used or owned by CBD etc LLC or any common misspelling or confusingly similar trademarks is strictly prohibited.
• All CBD etc LLC Products must ship only to addresses relating to authorized Accounts of the Reseller. Page Title / Title Tags. Page title/title tag refers to the text used to name or entitle a web page. A page title/title tag can be viewed by looking at the top of the browser window for the page in question. Only the Authorized Marks may be used in the page title/title tag of any website page used or owned by Reseller and such use is limited to once per page title/title tag. No variations, misspellings, prefixes, suffixes or hyphenated extensions of the Authorized Marks are allowed. Other words may be used in conjunction with the Authorized Marks in the page title/title tag so long as such words do not violate any other provision of this Addendum. Examples:
• A title such as “[PRODUCT NAME] at Joe’s Shop” is allowed; whereas
• titles such as “[PRODUCT NAME] at Joe’s Headquarters” are prohibited. Customer Service.
• Reseller must have a physical street address and a landline telephone number for contac
t by its customers and must advise customers on its website of this physical address and the landline telephone number. Post office boxes and mobile telephone numbers are not sufficient.
• Reseller must provide the capability for customers to place their orders fully and completely through Reseller’s website. Reseller shall not require customers to use telephone calls, faxes and/or hard-copy correspondence to complete their orders nor permit orders to be fulfilled only through telephone calls, faxes and/or hard copy correspondence.
• Reseller’s website must be a secure site for customer transactions.
• Reseller must have a mechanism in place for confirming to the ordering customer each order placed through its website and when each order was shipped to the destination designated by the ordering customer.
Reseller must display its policies and procedures for customer returns, refunds and exchanges on its website. Reseller’s website must clearly and conspicuously set forth that: (a) Reseller, and not CBD etc LLC, is making the sale to the customer and (b) the terms and conditions directly and indirectly applying to returns, refunds and exchanges by customers are those of Reseller, and not CBD etc LLC. Reseller must provide its own facilities and personnel to address and resolve all Product exchange, refund or return requirements.
• Reseller shall adhere to and comply with all pertinent State and Federal regulations, statutes and rules applicable to taking orders or conducting business over or through the Internet. Compliance.
• Reseller must copy and distribute this Addendum to each of its employees who are involved in Internet sales. Reseller must establish policies and procedures that will ensure compliance with this Addendum and must take affirmative steps to ensure compliance with this Addendum.
• CBD etc LLC shall have the sole, complete and final discretion to decide whether the content of a particular website, advertisement, sponsored link or on-line marketing violates this Addendum.
• CBD etc LLC has the sole, complete and final discretion to determine if Reseller has complied with this Addendum. Any violation of this Addendum as determined by CBD etc LLC in its sole, complete and final discretion may, in CBD etc LLC’s sole, complete and final discretion, result in the suspension or termination of Reseller’s authority to use the Authorized Marks in sponsored links, to display the Authorized Images on its website or to sell CBD etc LLC Products via the Internet.